Monday, March 9, 2009

One year ago...

8th March 2008, had marked a new chapter for every Malaysian.

I remember I stayed the whole night just to watch the outcome of the election result. It was amazing because every hour seems to give news of some BN hotshots lost to a no name PR candidates. I slept at 5am on 9th March; I was too excited that for the 1st time in 50 years, BN lost a 2/3 majority! For the 1st time in history, BN lost almost half of penisular's votes! I felt delighted that a new hope emerges. 

One year after, I still had the same feeling. Although 31 BN MPs failed to jump over, although 916 was not realised, at least I had seen tremendous changes in all 5 PR states. In many occassions, PR has proven their coalition is truly Malaysian. We have seen a united multi-racial Malaysians in many of recent demonstrations; atmoshphere that we never had before during BN's glorious days (at least for the last 20 years).

Q4 of 2008 was indeed disaster to many of us. At one point I was supposed to be dull, worrying about the collapsing economy, I was infact very much a live due to our cinematic political scene. Thanks to Khir Toyo, DPM Najib Tun Razak and many of BN heroes added more spices into our lives, I have the courage to crawl out of turtle shell and be a farmer, who had planted a Tree of Democracy in cyberspace.

I hope March 2010, I can see whole new world... Amen...

No comments: